Friday, April 3, 2015

Invivo Essential 4 Ounce Fractionated Coconut Oil Review.

I received this bottle of Invivo Essential Fractionated Coconut Oil complimentary for my unbiased review
All opinions stated here are 100% my own.

I wasn't really sure what fractionated coconut oil was to be honest. I had seen many things on pinterest for making lotions, foaming handsoap, bath oils, soaps etc all using fractionated coconut oil and I wanted to try some of them. I Googled fractionated coconut oil to see exactly what it was. Unlike other Coconut Oils, Fractionated Coconut Oil remains liquid at room temperature, making it useful in softer formulations such as salt scrubs, lotions, or massage oils. Which is probably why it is so popular on Pinterest with do it yourselfers.
The Invivo Essential Fractionated Coconut Oil comes in a 4oz plastic bottle as you can see above. It has a very slight scent which is very pleasant. It smells like coconut but it is so slight that I had to practically stick my nose into the bottle. This is nice because if you use it with essential oils it won't take away from the fragrance you are trying to create. In fact, I believe it will enhance anything you use it with. I poured some into my hand and was surprised at how light it is. It is not a heavy greasy oil in any way and I put the bit I had in my palm across my skin. I could feel it soak in almost immediately and moisturize my arm. I can see why people like using it for soaps and lotions.


I am waiting for my essential oils and liquid castille soap to come in the mail so I can start making my foaming hand soaps and bubble baths. I am sure this coconut oil is going to be getting a lot of use in the future in my house.
Lavender Sugar Scrub Recipe
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup Raw Sugar
up to 1/4 Olive Oil or Coconut Oil melted (or almond oil) as needed
1 tablespoon dried Lavender (optional but recommended)
3-4 drops DoTerra Lavender Essential Oil
Directions:  Mix together the sugars and slowly add the coconut or almond oil while stirring.  Pour in as much oil as you need to get your desired consistency.  I do not like my sugar scrubs too oily so I always use less than 1/4 cup.  Stir and mix thoroughly.  Stir in the essential oil and the Lavender.  Store in an airtight container.  Lasts up to 3 months if you keep bacteria and germs out of the scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment