Sunday, April 5, 2015

Fractionated Coconut Oil Therapeutic Grade Review Review

****I received this La Vida Essentials Fractionated Coconut Oil complimentary for my unbiased review. All opinions stated here are 100% my own.

 Coconut oil is all over Pinterest and the internet these days. Everyone trying to get away from chemicals is attempting to make their own soaps, lotions, bath essentials and other beauty products. If you want something that will moisturize your skin, you will likely come across a recipe containing coconut oil. La Vida Essentials Fractionated Coconut oil is a very nice beginning to any moisturizing product or routine. There are so many different things you can do with this coconut oil. 

I decided to make a lavender sugar scrub that I had seen and saved from Pinterest. My goal this year is to make christmas presents, possibly even soap if I get good enough, so I thought this would be a great trial run to see how my DIY skills have evolved. I gathered my supplies which actually were fairly simple ones. A bag of C & H white sugar, my La Vida Essentials Fractionated Coconut Oil, and my lavender essential oil bottle.
The recipe was simple.You mixed one half cup of fractionated coconut oil, one half cup of white sugar and 10 drops of your essential oil of choice. I followed the directions only to find that when I was finished the concoction seems a bit on the watery side, or oily since there was no water involved.
I decided to add another half cup of sugar making it one cup instead of a half cup. I also added another few drops of the lavender oil because it didn't seem fragrant enough. I didn't want it overpowering because lavender is a strong scent, but I didn't want it not to be noticeable either. I think in total I put in 15 drops and the recipe called for 10 drops.
Once I added the second half cup of sugar the consistency seemed more like a sugar scrub you would purchase at a store. Next thing I had to do of course was try my sugar scrub out. I didn't want to hop into the shower so I did just my left forearm over the kitchen sink.

It applied very easily to my skin although I will caution that you probably should mix with a spoon or something before applying. It seems some of the coconut oil that was not absorbed into the sugar floats to the top of the mixture. After a quick scrub I rinsed off and towel dried my forearm. There is a true difference between the arm that I sugar scrubbed and the arm that I did not. My newly exfoliated forearm feels much softer and smoother than its non treated partner. The only real factor I can attribute to this is the LaVida Essentials Fractionated Coconut Oil. It makes your skin feel sonourished and smooth. It comes in a fairly large 16 ounce plastic bottle so I believe you get a generous amount for the money you pay. It is available at Amazon.com at La Vida Essentials Fractionated Coconut Oil


No comments:

Post a Comment