Friday, October 28, 2016

Cupcake decorating....Easy or Hard?

I received this cake/cupcake decorating set at no cost for this review. All opinions stated are my own.

I love watching shows like Cupcake Wars and Next Great Baker on tv. Everytime I watch a show like that the creative juices start to flow. I grab my cook book and pull out all my decorating stuff because I am determined to make art from food. Except every time the end result just isn't what I had envisioned. My piping is horrid, my roses droop, and they just look plain awful.

I was asked to review this cake and cupcake decorating kit and I figured what the heck. I can't make any more of a mess than I already do right? So I agreed to review it.

When it came in the box I was a bit surprised. It looks very cheap and child like so I was doubtful that it was going to perform. I mean I was used to pastry bags, couplers and metal tips not a syringe type piece of plastic. I was wrong wrong wrong.  This was perfect for me and I think for any beginner.

Everything is heavy duty plastic and very easy to put together. You unscrew the base, put your frosting in, screw on the tip of your choice ( they have 9 to choose from) and you are ready to go. Just push the plunger gently and the frosting flows through the tip onto your baked goods. I was in a hurry this time so I used a Betty Crocker chocolate canned frosting and a blueberry muffin. I was just testing it out to see how it performed. You can watch my video below to see how easy it works.

I was very happy with it, and the price is very economical. The only thing is you can only use one color of frosting at a time. I would suggest maybe buying a couple of them so you can change out colors without having to wash everything out to start over.
You can get this set on the NewXShop website at https://www.newxshop.com/cake-decorating-set-cupcake-decorations-9-piece-for-beginners-baking-supplies-deorating.html

No comments:

Post a Comment