Monday, October 19, 2015

Andrea Bocelli NEW ALBUM Release 10/23 Read my review now

I participated in the Andrea Bocelli “Cinema” album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.



I have been an Andrea Bocelli fan for years. I think I was in love with him before "Time to Say Goodbye" with Sarah Brightman hit the pop chart. The original version "Con te partirò" which he sung in Italian still remains my favorite song of his. Something about his tenor voice just moves me, sometimes to tears. It is like he is calling to me. Now, I am not of Italian descent, but I was married for 25 years to a man born in Sicily. I was immersed in the Italian culture because of this marriage and learned a lot of the language over the years.

Andrea Bocelli as I mentioned earlier is a tenor and he was mentored by the late and great Luciano
Pavarotti. He became blinded at age 12 after a soccer accident. I just realized by looking up some info on Wikipedia, that he also shares my oldest daughter's birthday, September 22nd! His first crossover album debuted in 1998 and is entitled Sacred Arias. I think that is the album that I heard him sing "Ave Maria" on.

So, you can see that I have been a Bocelli fan for close to 20 years now. I was thrilled to be chosen to review his newest album "Cinema" from Verve Records that is slated to be released on October 23rd. This newest musical compilation is devoted to songs from favorite movies. His rendition of "Maria" from West Side Story is so beautiful. It will surely send chills up your spine when you listen to it. I believe this song is my favorite of the album but there are so many good ones to choose from.

Songs included are:

1) MARIA from ‘West Side Story’  
2) LA CHANSON DE LARA from ‘Doctor Zhivago’
3) MOON RIVER from ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’  
4) E PIU' TI PENSO duet with Ariana Grande from ‘Once Upon a Time in America /Malèna’
5) BE MY LOVE from ‘The Toast of New Orleans’
6) THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT from ‘The Phantom of the Opera’
7) BRUCIA LA TERRA from ‘The Godfather’
8) POR UNA CABEZA from ‘Scent of a Woman’
9) NO LLORES POR MÍ ARGENTINA duet with Nicole Scherzinger from ‘Evita’
10) L'AMORE È UNA COSA MERAVIGLIOSA from ‘Love is a many splendored thing’
11) MI MANCHERAI from ‘Il Postino’
12) CHEEK TO CHEEK duet with Veronica Berti from ‘Top Hat’
13) SORRIDI AMORE VAI from ‘La vita è bella’  
14) HISTORIA DE AMOR from ‘Love Story’
15) OL' MAN RIVER from ‘Show Boat’
16) NELLE TUE MANI (NOW WE ARE FREE) from ‘Gladiator’ 
I love so many of these songs! Moon River is a classic as is Brucia La Terra which you will recognize from the Godfather movie. I recently attended a wedding where the father daughter dance was to that song. No Llores Por Mi Argentina  (Don't cry for me Argentina) from Evita is another of my favorites. Heck, I love the whole album. Some is in english, and some of course is in beautiful Italian but you can sing along in english if you want to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment