Thursday, November 19, 2015

Christmas Magic in 3D!

I received these Holiday 3D Specs at no cost for my review. All opinions stated are my own.

I was asked to review some Holiday 3D Specs by Paper Optics, an online company. I agreed because my curiosity was piqued. How could Christmas lights appear to be 3D? I honestly thought it was going to be a disappointment, but I was pleasantly surprised.

These glasses are entirely plastic. I received 2 pair, one green and the other white. They also came with a string of Christmas lights to test them on, but because I am a reviewer, I had ample light sets already unboxed that I could use. I chose to test the glasses on my Halloween wreath since I needed to take it off my mantle anyway. So my purple battery operated lights became my guinea pig.

I put my green pair on 3D glasses on my face and turned on the wreath. Immediately I busted out laughing because the lights transformed into these purple Santa Claus heads. The lights went into a blink mode and I had Santa's blinking on and off in front of my face. I switched to the white pair of glasses and Rudolph took Santa's place on the lights. I couldn't stop giggling over them. I was really impressed that they had the technology to do this.

I tried to video tape these lights through the glasses but I am not sure exactly how well it transfers to digital media. I am hoping by viewing this you can get an idea of  how fun they are. I think they will make a great stocking stuffer for little ones. Or if you have a goofy family like I do, you will be the hit of the annual gathering if you bring a few pair of these along with you. There are four different glasses that transform lights into different Christmas icons. You can get Santa, a reindeer, a snowman or a snowflake. They are available online from Paper Optics at www.holidayspecs.com  or at www.3dglassesonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment